03 November 2019

Curious kids or parents at test 😲 -Part 1

I am 11 year old mother... Oh please don't misunderstand!! It simply means I am mother of 11 year old kid.. For that matter mother of a naughty and very very inquisitive kid. Today I am going to share with you this journey of question answer sessions, how to answer simple questions for perfectly taken for granted things, mother's dimemma and of course mother son "we time" 
My journey of story telling began when my son started speaking and started asking me questions. Initially his questions were limited to "what is this?" Or "what is that?" Being from a genre of modern mothers who believe that one should not kill the curiosity of the kid I tried to answer as many questions as possible. 
My son would point at perfectly ordinary things and demand a story about them. He never liked typical stories meant for toddlers. Probably he was not able to correlate with them. Today I would share with you few of such mother- toddler stories and question-answer sessions.
Once while we were traveling by car he demanded, "Mamma please tell me story of this flyover" What the heck?? Story of a flyover?? Poor Mamma gathered her wits started narrating: The way which takes us from one place to another place is called as road. The road above road is called as flyover. The road below this road is called as subway. We use flyover and subway for.....The story went on.. Most importantly he seemed satisfied.
Once we went on our building terrace for cool air.. Again my 2.5- 3 year old question bank opened his mouth "Mamma tell me story of this water tank" My little one was pointing towards overhead water tank. Hmm.. Story?? That of a water tank??... I made a brave attempt...
Me: Ok tell me how do we get water??
Little one: by tanker (we were getting water supply by tankers for couple of months due to some problem)
Me: Great!! Do you know we do have one underground tank near society entrance??
Little one: Yessss
Me: The underground tank is filled with tanker water. 
Little one: Then how it comes in this overhead tank??
Me: With the help of motor pump.
Little one: Then what happens??
Me: You see all these pipelines?? These pipelines carry water to taps in our kitchen and our bathroom. Now you tell me what do we do with this water??
Little one; Drink water
Me: Good!! And??
Little one: We bath... 
Me: Correct!! We clean utensils and clothes, we water the plants....
I was feeling totally lost while telling this story but my my toddler's eyes were gleaming with fascination.
Slowly we all mastered the art of story telling.. Many such stories were created about chairs, tables, trains, cars, crains. These stories centered around the what are these objects made up off, their utility, mode of operation etc.
Do you also get baffled as a parent when our little ones ask questions about perfectly ordinary things?? Can you also correlate with such unstoppable question banks?? I would love to hear about your experiences. Stay tuned for many more such stories, awkward questions and parenting experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment