06 November 2019

Curious kids or parents at test 😲- Part 5 (Rendezvous with the Thalaiva)

It was lazy Sunday afternoon. We were having lunch. My kiddo finished his lunch and asked me "Mamma can I watch cartoon?" I said "Yes" He ran into the other room. By now my kiddo had learnt to switch the channels on his own. So me and my husband continued with our lunch. He was allowed to watch specific cartoons and selected channels like National Geographic, Discovery etc. 

After some time we finished our lunch and I went into the other room where my kiddo was supposedly watching cartoons. When I entered the room I saw awestruck look on my Kiddo's face and some Hindi movie playing on TV instead of cartoon.

When I entered the room my kiddo asked me in the shocked tone, "Mamma how baby comes out?"

Me: Had I not told you earlier that Doctor performs a small operation and takes out the baby?? (I had told him only about Ceaserian delivery. Had never dared to tell him about normal delivery)

Kiddo: But they didn't do any operation at all. Then how did the baby come?

Me: Who didn't do any operation??

My kiddo pointed at the man on the TV.

My kiddo had switched on the TV. He was about to switch the channel when he saw some scene in the hospital. Assuming it's kind of documentary he continued watching the program. Was it really some documentary?

Actually Rajanikant, the original Thalaiva's famous movie "Robot" was showcased and my kiddo had just witnessed a scene where the robot performs a very complicated delivery of a woman. It is shown in movie that the robot disentagles the umbilical cord around baby's neck and slowly pushes the baby down for normal delivery. In the process the health of the woman gets critical and some doctor in the room shouted "she is dying" 

Me (Alas!): The baby can come out in another way also. There is a special way between Mamma's legs. 

Kiddo (with crinkled nose): Between Mamma's legs??

Me: Yes, and that is called as normal delivery and when the baby comes out by doing operation it is called as Ceaserian delivery.

Kiddo: Mamma, how did I come out??

Me: It was a normal delivery.

Kiddo: Does it hurt??

Me: Yes, little. But it's worth it. Is it not?? Because after delivery I had you...

Was my little question bank done with his questions?? I bet you have already guessed the answer. 

Readers may also feel whether such elaborate discussions were really necessary. Stay tuned to find out what more questions the Thalaiva had instigated in my young one's mind and my take as a mother on these questions. (To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment