22 January 2020

Curious kids or parents at test 😲 -Part 16 (Does your kid have access to adult content?? - Part 2)

In my last blog we read about my son's teacher expressing her doubts regarding my son having access to adult content. We decided to have a dialogue with our son. Read on to know what happened next. We started with episode of my son shouting "I love you" in the class.

Me: Do you know dear today I received a phone call from your teacher.

Son: How come Mamma? Today I really behaved well. I didn't trouble any of the teachers.

Me: Yes, I know that. Today she had called for something else. She mentioned that you shouted "I love you Kiyara" in front of whole class.

Son: Yes. But that was not today. 

Me: May be. But why did you shout like that in the first place?

Son: Because she is a nice girl and I like to play with her. Why what happened?

Clearly my son had not understood the gravity of this issue. He was talking very innocetly.

Me: You like to play with her. But it doesn't mean that you can shout "I love you"

Son: Why not?? If Nobita can tell Shizuka then I can also tell Kiyara...

Clearly we could see that all this shouting business was inspired by his favorite cartoon "Doremon". Normally before allowing my son to watch any program I used the watch couple of episodes along with him and used to permit him if and only if that show was appropriate. I had already banned couple of cartoons. But I had never imagined that apparently harmless cartoon could inspire such an action in my son. We had found the source of first complaint at least.

We had to tell our son that even if he liked playing with some girl shouting "I love you" in the class is not considered good and advised him not to repeat this behavior. 

We also told him that there is difference in Indian culture and Western culture. So even if it ok in Western culture it is not really ok in our culture. God knows how much he understood but he was at least receptive when we were taking. Thankfully he has not repeated this stunt till date. 

Banning the cartoon completely was not option. Post this fiasco we encouraged him more to watch channels like National Geographic, BBC Earth etc. Sometimes we used to watch cartoons along with him and tell him what was appropriate and what was not!!

We were relieved that at least the first incident had absolutely nothing to do with the adult content. But what about the second incident??

Friends please stay tuned to my next blog to know more about the truth behind remaining 2 incidents. (To be continued)

For reading my other blogs please visit https://kinfolkclub.com or https://motherlab.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment